With the oscillator working, you're read to move on to the output stage. It includes
only six parts, so construction won't take long.
- Solder the "cold" end of the transformer secondary to ground.
- Mount the 39ohm resistor near the secondary by soldering one end of the resistor
- Solder the free end of L2, the transformer secondary, to the top end of the 39ohm
- Mount the output transistor by soldering the emitter to ground and the base to the
top of the 30ohm resistor. Position the collector so that it can be connected to
the output filter.
- Solder the zener diode between the collector of the output transistor and ground.
The banded end should go to the transistor.
- Solder one end of the molded RF choke (black) to the collector of the output transistor.
- Solder a 0.1 disk capacitor to the collector of the transistor. This capacitor couples
RF to the output filter, so position it accordingly.
- Solder a 0.1 disk capacitor from the 12-volt end of the RF choke to ground.
- Now connect a jumper from between terminal strip lugs 2 and 5, connecting the
220ohm resistor and the RF choke.